Thursday, August 30, 2012

Photo Fun!

Every once in awhile I get a creative urge to do something.

Usually my work fills the creative need, because I build things for a living. You can see some of those things at L Brooks Enterprises . But sometimes I feel the need for speed and want to produce something faster.

Photography is the fastest way I know to create something.
With the advent of digital photo-shopping programs, you can create just about anything you can imagine (as long as you have the smarts to figure out how to do it with the program). 

These days, you just can't believe any photo you see.

For instance, imagine the Turtles reenacting raising the flag at Iwo Jima:  



...Or maybe a little sight seeing by Whale carrier:

The last image is a composition from three different images; the man watching waves, my better half waiting for me while I take "20 photos of the same damn thing", and a shot of a whale sculpture.

I use Corel Draw Photo Paint 9 in case you're curious.

Hope you enjoyed a little photo fun today!

Brought to you by the good people at Blogging For Fun. as part of the
                                                                            PHOTO FUN!

Got any fun pics? Post 'em and show 'em off!


10 comments:

  1. WOW! Lee those are cool!!! Love them both. :D ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Lee. I knew you would come up with something good. I am amateur at best - like putting a jackass head on my brother-in-law. (shut up...don't judge...hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with the jackass head on a deserving relative, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved them both. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I see your photos I just think I'll throw my camera out the window

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Why, thank you for that great compliment.
      Funny thing is, I felt exactly the same way the first time I scanned through Flicker. Still get it when I go to 1x.com-oneexposure;
      https://www.facebook.com/onexposure

      The photos there are so sublime it's like "Holy crap! No way I'm ever gonna achieve that. Mine look like a kindergartener drew a picture with a dull crayon compared to that!"
      As depressing as it is. I still go look at them all the time.

      Besides, you have to remember;for every one photo I show, there is a whole shoebox of shots that never come out! (Ok, actually it's a a hard drive, but you know what I mean)

      Delete