Friday, August 3, 2012

BFF 13: "HOT", Fire Demons

The hot campfire crackles against cool air.
 
As the red and yellow colors lick the darkness of night, I imagine fleeting glimpses in the flickering light.
 
They are too fast for the eye to see, but the subliminal images flashing by catch in the dark recesses of the minds cobwebs.
 
There are Demons dancing in the hot fire light.
 
They gleefully escape their unearthly bounds, riding black smoke into the night, their dark forces seeking mischief in our lives.



Not sure if that image will work at this resolution, but if you look closely or stare long enough, you might see the demon faces. (Maybe try the control key plus the + sign to make it bigger)  Here are a couple more:

Man on Fire

Fire Angel and the Serpent Horse
The Scream


See more on "HOT" at the Blogging For Fun Group.

6 comments:

  1. Kind of dark and dangerous. Are the pictures your photography? The human brain is trained to look for faces in everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I took the pictures when we had a bon fire in the back yard with some friends. They thought I was crazy because I took a boat load of pics of just the fire.

      Later, when I started looking at them, I started noticing all these shapes. A little enhancement of contrast and saturation with the old photo editing software helped make them a little more noticeable.

      Delete
  2. WOW! That large photo is scary. It looks like several faces in the fire. Kind of like I imagine that it is in hell. *shivers* My sister went on a mission trip a few years back and where ever she went (I forgot), there was an inactive volcano. She took photos and when she got them back, there were several faces in the rocks around the rim. Not only in her photos, but in the photos of friends from her church. The volcano had been used for virgin sacrifice long, long ago. Maybe it was the spirits of the dead? bwahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly good waste of a virgin!
    Its always kind of fun to find things in photos you took-things you didn't notice when taking them; faces, photo bombers, that creepy guy that was everywhere you went, muhaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you in a comment on Steven's blog. Now I know where you are and can follow you. It's Sue from MS in Canada if you don't remember. Your photography is still brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sassy! Brilliant? Thanks!
    I took a bit of a blogging break there(for about a year or so!)
    I'm still not back on a regular basis, but all stalkers are appreciated, haha!Probably the more I get, the more likely I am to blog. Off to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete