Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A word doctors guide to mending a broken heart.




A heart can stand  a lot of abuse, but sometimes it just takes to much trampling, accepts to many barbed arrows, or receives to little attention.


The best doctors will do no good here.
Their pills, drugs and other tools of the trade can not fix such deep, sensitive damage.


The mending requires a sharp needle of resentment, laced with bitterness and irritatingly administered with disappointment.


The ruined area must be drained of all sorrow and frustration before the actual mending can commence. Some depression may remain in the wound but will eventually dissipate. Watch closely over time to insure it does not become infected with hate.


The suture thread must be strong with determination, applied delicately with close stitches of acceptance. Some weeping of regret is normal during this process. In some cases, anguish will flow freely.


Compassionately apply an ointment of sympathy to seal in any indifference and protect from future apathy.


In some cases a heavy cast of friendship may be needed to prevent further damage.
The casting mix should include understanding, perseverance, and massive amounts of time until heart cast is secure.


With proper repair, and the knowledge that it happens to everyone, even the most wounded of hearts will eventually mend and be ready to love again.






And if all that fails, the fastest way to forget about lost love is to find a new one.

8 comments:

  1. Really? Just move on to another one? Well, maybe for some, me I need to wallow in self-pity for sometime before I'd even think of opening up again. Or at least, I think that's right, it has been a while since I had to tend my broken heart. Thank you God, for that!

    Good write and wishes that you never have to follow your own advice. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after the appropriate moping time has passed of course!
    I have also found that writing and loud music help pass the time until things heal.
    Glad to hear things are going well for you! Hope you never have to feel it again, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me of a lot of what I remember from John Gray's book, Mars and Venus starting over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that one. Okay, actually, I have never even heard of it. I need to get out more! Now I need to go check it out. Thanks! Obviously, it's a great book, haha!

      Delete
  4. I like what you did with this topic. Very original and a well thought out piece. I likee....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene, this was one of those writes that started out in one direction and went in a totally different one.

      Delete
  5. I like how you combined the medical with the mental. Well done Lee!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathy. This one just kinda took off in it's own direction. A bit humorless from my normal stuff, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete