Monday, May 14, 2012

For the love of, and for, children

I was being especially lazy Sunday morning when the phone rings. 

I roll over in bed and pick up the phone. It's Chelsea Keechle and she informs me that our "Grand children" are on the way over. "Technically" they are not OUR grandchildren, but as far as I am concerned, they ARE. 

We pull ourselves together just in time to meet three very excited young kids at the door. Emily has been working on a project for us and she hands a yellow paper to me. The bottom is slightly soaked, but all but a few words are readable.



The last line has a question that I do not catch with the first read because the first few words are smeared. Later Emily says "You didn't answer the question."
I ask her what was the question? 
"Do you love me?" she says. 

"Yes. Yes we do!" More than ever.

Yeah, I think we can spoil them as good as any grand parent.

4 comments:

  1. This was such a heartwarming post. I loved the note--isn't that so precious. You are certainly blessed!

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. Yes, I am blessed. I have been a fairly lucky fellow all my life. Having these kids in my life just adds to that luck.

      Delete
  2. Blended families can bring such blessings! Sis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can. They really brightened up my Sunday!

      Delete