Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flowers from here and there



I love to travel. 
When I travel, I love to take pictures.
I have been accused of traveling for the sake of taking pictures.


In those travels, I have taken pictures of flowers. I am usually not too impressed with my photos of JUST flowers, particularly single flowers. I guess I have seen so many photos of flowers that unless it's something spectacular, it's just ANOTHER flower picture...at least the one's I take.

I do, however, seem to use flowers frequently as part of the bigger picture.
I think I am just a "bigger picture" kind of guy.

Anywho...here are some places I have been where flowers jumped into the picture:
Morrow Rock, California

NW Harbor, Acadia National Park, Maine
Acadia National park coast
Chicago skyline from Navy Pier


I do occasionally focus my camera a little closer and sometimes it takes pretty decent shots:
Gainesville, Florida Butterfly Garden

I hope you enjoyed my photos! This was written for this weeks "Flowers " prompt from:


Stop by to see more, or join the the Facebook fun at:Blogging For Fun

You will have to join the group to see anything, but they are not a scary bunch and it's FREE. What else could you ask for?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh... I like your perspective! Great job and great pics! Thanks for blogging with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nice to be back in blogging mode (and thanks tons for the prompts! That gives me a direction. I am usually a bit scatter brained to focus sometimes)

      I ran out of time to do the shoe thing. See my comment to Jo below.

      Delete
  2. Very nice...and I bet you have shoes you could 'pose' for a great shot! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Jo!
    We took a trip to the Biltmore House in North Carolina last week. You have NO idea how close I came to taking a picture of my shoe and photoshopping it over a couple of pictures I took while there!
    I just ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry.
      I'm trying to get back into writing mode. Life keeps stepping in though!

      Delete
  5. aweome,lee didnt really execpt nothing less from you tho!--mastin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, Lee, especially the one of Chicago. I do love that city! And your closeup is beautiful, too. I see you like boats and water, maybe a little bit better than flowers. And I think taking pictures is a great reason to travel--not that I need any excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicago is a great place to have a camera. I made the mistake of being there once during St. Patty's day. That place was wall to wall green people!

    And I don't need much of an excuse to travel either. If someone asks me "Do you want to go..." I'm in the car before they finish the sentence.

    ReplyDelete