Sunday, November 26, 2023

Dear God; Interview question

 


Dear God,

Thank you for this opportunity to interview you. I realize it is not something you normally do.

I’m sure you have millions of prayers to answer, people to smite, and miracles to wrought, so I’ll be brief.

I used to wonder why you let mean, crotchety, old people live for so long, and yet, you thought my cousin Vicki should die at age 10. She was such a sweet kid. It took me a long time to come to grips with that one, let me tell you.

I finally decided that life was a test for us. You keep giving those mean, old bastards lots of chances, thinking they might change their ways. The ones you are sure will never falter, regardless of what kind of shit life throws at them, you figure you can shorten the test cycle.

Oh, sorry about the language. That whole Vicki thing still irks me sometimes. I have to hand it to you though, you did gave her back to me as my guardian angel. Without her, I might not have made it through my teenage years. So, thanks for that.

My question to you is this;

Of all the religions in the world today, which one would you prefer us to worship?

I’m no theologian, but most of them seem fairly similar. Well, except for that cow worshiping thing. I never really got that one. I suppose if I was in some arid region, I would be praying for something to drink too.

I also wonder about all the wars that get started in the name of religion. Isn’t that “Thou shall not kill” thing good enough for all religions? Seems like a pretty good idea to me.

I’m sorry. Was that two questions?

Like I said, I know you’re busy. If you want to think about it for awhile, that will be fine. You can just leave a comment here on my blog. Whenever. But preferably sometime before you decide to shorten my test cycle.

Oh, when you answer, maybe a little miracle to let me know it is you. There are a lot of people down here that think they are God and I certainly don’t want to hear their opinion.

Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

  1. If you get your answers and your little miracle, please follow up with another post to let us know.

    ReplyDelete