Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Blue Heaven

I am not a particularly religious person, so I imagine my image of heaven may be a bit skewed than most peoples.

Most of my life I have played by the rules that a polite society drummed into me. (Well, maybe slightly bent rules.) I have (almost) always been the good boy.

So my image of heaven may start out with those 21 virgins from the Muslim religion. Hmm, I wonder if those would have to be Muslim women?

Actually, now that I type that, I think I would prefer non virgins. Ladies that know what to do and aren’t afraid to try it.  Yeah, that would make for a better heaven.

Or, better yet, maybe all the old “girlfriends” I never had sexually, but wanted. Now we're talking! Of course, I would have the libido of a 18 year old with the knowledge I have now...And they would all want me as much I had wanted them.

I only add all the caveats because I am reminded of the way wishes turned out in that old “Monkey Paw” story. You really gotta cover all the bases when talking eternity, ya know?

Being an avid photographer, I also see heaven as a beautifully visual place, where the temperature would always comfortable unless you FELT like standing in a freezing rain.

If there were other people there, they would be pleasant, intelligent, and considerate. You know, like people SHOULD be anyway. A little (okay, a LOT of) humor would also be needed.

In heaven we should also have the option of visiting this old Earth, if we felt like it. 

I’m sure when I die, there will be places I wanted to see, and things I wanted to do, that I did not get to do before Death tapped me on the shoulder. Unless I took my own life, I should be able to do that. After all, there are a few heavenly places right here on Earth.

I also think that, while we were flying around the living earth, (and yes, flying freely would be a part of heaven) we should be able to help the living if we can.  I think we should be allowed to whisper in their ears, things like: 

“Do not go in the basement!” 
 
or “Do not go down that dark alley” 
 
or “ That sheet will NOT work like a parachute no matter how many floors up you jump from.”

Sooo, that is pretty much my idea of Heaven. I reserve the right to alter or change as desired at any point in time.

What is your idea of heaven?

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! I don't see you being bored for eternity! LOL I love what you did with this topic.

    I am so happy to see you blog again!!! I have missed you because there certainly was never a dull moment with your blogs back on MySpace. I'm so glad to have found you again. I hope you keep adding your wonderful humor to BFF. I'm so happy I could dance on my toes!!! LOL Welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I CAN still write! Nice to be back in the saddle again. Thanks for the BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mr. Brooks and welcome home. So enjoyed this post and can't wait to read more. I am your first follower and proud to be so!
    See you again soon, sense of humor in tact. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first follower and I missed this comment! DOH!
      I'm still learning Blogger...oh look, a subscribe to comments thingee! must try that!

      Delete